Thursday 31 October 2013

A new kind of two week wait

The two week wait is what the trying to conceive community calls the time between ovulation and when you find out if your efforts were fruitful. Right now I'm beginning a new two week wait, a few days into my down regulation birth control pill protocol, I noted on the calendar that exactly two weeks from today will be my first early morning ultrasound.


And I have to admit, it's strange being back on birth control pills after all these years, and especially as a step towards getting pregnant. The idea is to regulate my hormones, make my lining thin, and make sure I have no cysts. It's all about getting me to a good starting point, and I'm sure that over the next two weeks I will read a lot more about how this all works. But right now, I just need to remember to take it every night at 9pm until my scan in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment