Sunday 17 November 2013

Last day, next step

Yesterday was my last birth control pill. I had an ultrasound on Thursday, and everything looked good, ovaries were "quiet" and endometrium was thin. We're one step closer! I feel a bit like getting ready to launch a space shuttle. I'm not sure where in that analogy is "lift-off", maybe my first FSH injections? Last Thursday was like the "all systems ready" green light, and next up is the clear weather forecast.

I took my basal body temperature periodically through this birth control pill stretch, and it was very "luteal" which tells me my progesterone has been holding steady, so now I'm just waiting for it to crash back down. Should be interesting to temp throughout this cycle, but then I won't know if I'm pregnant because I'll be on supplemental progesterone after retrieval. As the day gets closer, I'm nervous and excited, and very very hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment