Monday 10 March 2014

Caffeine free me

I've been caffeine free for a few weeks now. By which I mean I switched to decaf. The most caffeine I ingest comes from an occasional green tea, a rare afternoon pick-me-up (not often enough). So it should not come as a surprise, that when I made chocolate peanut butter cookies yesterday, and ate a few extra chocolate chips left in the bowl, I had a really hard time falling asleep. It's funny how the body adjusts. The bigger pick-me-up comes from the gym. I'm loving my cardio workouts, and they are loving me. I finally hit my long aspired target weight (only to eat the cookies), and so now that I've officially had the last birth control pill before my IVF cycle, which starts in FIVE DAYS, no more scales, it's just about feeling good, stress relief, and eating well.

And with that, I'm off to the gym to spend 30 minutes on my favourite elliptical, followed by some arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment