Friday 24 February 2017

A little lap

It's been a while since my last post. My due date came and went, and it was coincidentally also the day that I had a diagnostic laparoscopy. I had a few tears about it, but the bigger challenge has been the lasting impact of the ectopic itself. Not every month, but most months, I would continue to test after the bleeding came and went. I wasn't sleeping. I was afraid to plan a trip because it could happen again. Scheduling the lap was such a relief. Then low and behold, the lap showed that only one tube was mangled and posed a risk, and the other looked fine. Was the HSG test wrong? Did the pain of the procedure cause cramping that made it look worse than it was? Did something I've done over the past three years (caster oil packs, acupuncture, Chinese herbs) actually work? I'll never know. What I do know is that I'm rapidly approaching 42, and I don't have many good eggs left. So, I'll carry on with my vitamins and charting for a few more months, and then it will be time to move on. Again.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete